Thursday, October 8, 2009

Jon and Kate Plus My Hate

Jon and Kate this, Jon and Kate that.....shut the hell up! I'm so sick and fucking tired of hearing about these two. I think the point of the show was to see the eight kids grow up. It wasn't meant to be about a sissy ass man and snobby bitch woman. Who really wants to hear about the nasty divorce of two non-famous people?
"Jon is a player who doesn't care about his kids"
"Kate is a bitch who wants money"
     Yeah, I don't care. I was LOVING the show in late 2008 when my Mom introduced it to me. How funny the kids were, how snappy and funny the mom was, how dorky and lost the dad was. It had its moments, I'll admit that. I laughed quite a bit every episode. Then came the cheating rumors and everything else that followed it and it wasn't funny anymore.
     Did I take sides? In the beginning I was sorta TEAM KATE, I was grossed out at Jon. Thought, 'what an asshole for cheating on his wife and incidently cheating on his kids'. I was appauled how people thought it was ok for him to cheat because Kate was such a bitch to him. Boo Hoo Hoo, last time I checked he had a penis and a brain (not much hair though lol). He pretends like he was passive and got "walked all over" and she abused him mentally. What that equals in my book, a PUSSY! I mean COME ON, he might as well just called himself one. If he stood up to her what was she going to do, beat him? I seriously doubt it. He got walked all over because he allowed it to happen. If you let someone boss you around, then of course that person or people are going to continue to do it.
     Whether you mean to become the dominant one in the relationship or not, you don't always see how you've become the "Boss" of the house. It just becomes normal to take charge and make sure shit gets done. Jon didn't seem to do a whole lot, editing aside. It was like he was a lost puppy. A man depressed over this life he was living. He said as much in the divorce episode when he revealed that the divorce was allowing him to be free. That he was happy again and could live the life he wanted to. Which ultimately was sleeping around, jet-setting, signing autographs, talking too much, and lets not forget--ditching the kids.
     Truth be told, I think his demise was a product of having too many kids, losing his wife and becoming jealous. I think it was too stressful having so many kids and as much as he loves them, I think it was too much. That's ok, I mean I really can't imagine the stress of two kids and six babies. I feel him, as far as that goes. But it is your life, you can't just say "Oh this is too tough, I quit". He needed to handle it and find a way to not lose himself in becoming a father of multiples. I also think it hurt his "man side" to lose his wife. Ultimately, the second you have kids, you lose your wife. You aren't number one anymore and the most attention goes to the kids. I think he missed having the attention and being adored. Jon and Kate were parents 24/7, they had no time to bond. Then came the jealousy.
     My belief is that Jon is super insecure, which leads to alot of his drama. Essentially being his own worst enemy. When Kate suddenly became "famous" and was appearing on talk shows, writing books, and appearing in magazines-he got really jealous! All the attention to the kids, all the attention to Kate. Where's Jon's attention? I think he adored the attention he got for dating younger women and wearing Ed Hardy. He paraded around town acting like the Cock of the Walk, no pun intended. Then, dun dun dun, people began to hate him. His attention was ALL negative. Because first everyone was all, "Kate cheated with the bodyguard" "Kate is such a bitch". Then people started seeing that, yeah maybe Kate is a bitch, but Kate is at the house with the kids. Where is Jon? Oh he's in France with his new girlfriend (not the original girl he cheated with) drinking up champagne with Michael Lohan of all people.
     Yeah, he's really all about being there for the kids right? Hence the reason he moved to New York. If his main concern was his kids, he would have moved down the street. Or at least in the same town!
     I never really cared enough to really take sides, but if I had to, I'd side with Kate. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Kate is Mother Theresa. But at least her main concern is the kids. Put the books aside and the talk show appearances. She's still the main caregiver and the one taking them to school, cooking and what not. Yeah, she's bitchy. But I can't honestly say that I wouldn't be a stressed out bitch with EIGHT kids to take care of. There's no relaxation, no free time, not a single moment is devoted to you. They didn't have much help for quite some time either.
     Sure she should have been less snappy, and he should have taken charge more. But they didn't. Working together would have helped that couple out majorly. Oh well, at least they can part now. You think it would be over though right? No no no, they are going back and forth on talk shows saying how Jon took money out of the account and Kate can't pay the bills. That kind of shit should remain private, which they say they want things-private, yet they splash their dirty laundry on every talk show possible. It's annoying now. No one cares about the kids anymore, not even viewers. People tune in to see how Jon and Kate are acting, what they're saying. They need to end the show and move on.
     I doubt the kids want to be documented on how they're handling their parents divorce.
"Look honey, there's you on your third birthday"
"Look honey, your first step"
"Aww, look how you cried when Daddy dropped you off then went to France with his skanky girlfriend"
"Oh oh and look at your face as Mommy spanked you in front of all those papparazzi".

It's just sad!
They want fame, they want fortune.
     In my opinion, end the show, quit interviewing them, and let those kids go back to their semi-normal life. Neither Kate, nor Jon are nearly interesting enough to keep them in the limelight. Write your books, let us know how crazy it is raising so many kids. But otherwise, leave your family life inside your house.
     Am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about what Bree Said?